miércoles, 16 de noviembre de 2016

WEEK 15

CHRISTMAS CAROL

 Today in the second session of week 15 we did presentations about the book "A christmas carol" by Charles Dickens. I had heard about the movie before but I have never seen it but now I know about it.


Christmas is my favourite season and holiday of the year. I am christian and I like to celebrate the holiday when my Saviour Jesus Christ came to the world. While doing my research about how Christmas was slowly dying and how Dickens revive the christmas traditions made me sad but then happy. Sad because as you may know A Christmas Carol was published after the industrial revolution and at that time in England the social classes were very divided. So families started to loose hope and to forget about christmas because they thought it was only for rich people to celebrate. But after the publication of A Christmas Carol I am glad that the hope was revived and instead of being a holiday about the richness and lust it became again a humble holiday.

This topic made me feel very excited about Christmas and remind me that is not about the presents or the food, the tree or the lights but christmas is about Christ.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario